To attend this Zoom meeting members MUST send an email with their full name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. LL99 executive would like to inform members that they should not use company devices to attend.
2. Members will be asked for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
3. To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
4. Members can download Zoom onto their devise for free here: https://zoom.us/
Our next membership meeting is not scheduled until September 8th so members should attend if they want to voice their concerns.
To conduct any business Local 99 will need a quorum of 20 members or more.
Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee
It is that time again! Nominations for Stewards begins as of May 1st and must be completed by July 31st. If Members of a stand alone location require a vote this must be completed by September 30th 2021. Click here for a nomination form: 2021 steward-nomination form
Nominations and Elections will be conducted as per the IAMAW constitution and LL99 Bylaws:
- Nominations will be conducted from May 1st to July 31st of an election year.
- Elections are to be held between August 1st and September 30th of an election year.
- The number of Steward positions in each Branch or stand-alone location will be determined by the President in consultation with the affected Members.
- In the event an election is required voting will be held by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- The Steward’s length of term will be four years
- Election for the position of Chief Shop Steward(s) are restricted to elected Stewards in the Branch/or stand-alone location within a branch, who are willing to stand for election as a Chief Shop Steward. Where there are more Stewards willing to let their name stand than Chief Shop Steward positions available, the membership of the Branch or stand-alone location within a branch having 6 or more members will vote by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- Branches or stand-alone locations within a branch having 6 or more members, will have elections for the position of Chief Shop Stewards, only after Steward Elections have been completed.
- Please complete this form and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This form must be emailed to the above address on or before July 31 of the election year.
LL99 Executive would like to let our membership know that we are going to distributing new membership cards. These cards will contain each members name and membership #. At this time, we will be including the assistance of our Chief Shop Steward base to help distribute. Obviously, there are some circumstances where this may not be the most practical way to ensure everyone receives their card as we have a variety of locations some of which are isolated. We also have members on disability or retired so we ask that members reach out to their Chief Shop Stewards or the Local 99 Executive if they have not received their membership card within the next 6 weeks.
LL99 Executive is proud to announce the winners of our 2021 Spring Scholarships. Congratulations to Anita Chowdhury and Katelyn Hegholz! Thanks to all the participants for sending in their applications in a timely manor and we’d like to remind all of you that we will be awarding two scholarships again this year and applicants can re-apply in August/September 2021.