Local 99 Executive would like to thank all participants who applied for our Spring Scholarship. Unfortunately we only received applicants from post secondary institutions and will only be awarding 1 scholarship in that field.
Crystal Gillingham is the winner of the 2022 spring scholarship valued at $999!
Although Steward elections have been over for some time, LL99 has also held an election for Vice President and Mark Meldrum has taken on this responsibility. Stewards are encouraged to reach out to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure their information is correct. If needed feel free to download the information sheet below and forward to Mark.
Steward Information sheet
To attend this Zoom meeting members MUST send an email with their full name to: email@example.com
1. LL99 executive would like to inform members that they should not use company devices to attend.
2. Members will be asked for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
3. To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
4. Members can download Zoom onto their devise for free here: https://zoom.us/
Members should attend if they want to voice their concerns and let your executive what's been happening in your area.
LL99 Executive would also like to remind all members that membership meetings are scheduled for the second Wednesday of every month excluding July and August. With so much going on in our Local members are encouraged to attend.
To conduct any business Local 99 will need a quorum of 20 members or more.
Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee
LL99 Executive would like to let our membership know that we are going to distributing new membership cards. These cards will contain each members name and membership #. At this time, we will be including the assistance of our Chief Shop Steward base to help distribute. Obviously, there are some circumstances where this may not be the most practical way to ensure everyone receives their card as we have a variety of locations some of which are isolated. We also have members on disability or retired so we ask that members reach out to their Chief Shop Stewards or the Local 99 Executive if they have not received their membership card within the next 6 weeks.