Local 99 Executive is announcing the 2nd competition for two $999 scholarships. Deadline for applications will be September 30th, 2021. Applicants must be a Local 99 member or an immediate family member. Applicants can send an email with their contact information, proof of enrollment in a post-secondary course and transcripts to LL99executive@iamaw99.ca
Winners will be announced after October’s Executive meeting.
For all Stewards wishing to download and post on your Union Boards here is August 19th, 2021 Newsletter:
August 2021 Newsletter
Page 1 of 1
Local Lodge 99 In Person/Zoom Membership Meeting
Edmonton AB, Quality Inn West Harvest 17803 Stony Plain Rd.
Wednesday September 8th, 2021
Members can attend this meeting in person or scan the QR code to attend via Zoom.
1. LL99 executive would like to inform members that they should not use company devices to attend virtual meetings.
2. Members will be asked for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
3. To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
4. Members can download Zoom onto their devise for free here: https://zoom.us/
2021 Elections for LL99 Stewards are well under way and LL99 Executive needs to know who you are! Stewards are encouraged to download, fill out the form below and return it to email@example.com ASAP. As we update our list we ask that all Stewards and Chief Shop Stewards fill out this form to ensure everyone is up to date.
Steward Information sheet
Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee