Local 99 Executive is announcing the 2nd competition for two $999 scholarships. Deadline for applications will be September 30th, 2021. Applicants must be a Local 99 member or an immediate family member. Applicants can send an email with their contact information, proof of enrollment in a post-secondary course and transcripts to LL99executive@iamaw99.ca
Winners will be announced after October’s Executive meeting.
To attend this Zoom meeting members MUST send an email with their full name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. LL99 executive would like to inform members that they should not use company devices to attend.
2. Members will be asked for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
3. To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
4. Members can download Zoom onto their devise for free here: https://zoom.us/
Our next membership meeting is not scheduled until September 8th so members should attend if they want to voice their concerns.
To conduct any business Local 99 will need a quorum of 20 members or more.
Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee
As everyone is well aware by now on March 31st Finning's D18 facility had a major incident
where two members were seriously injured resulting in one fatality. Out of respect for the families involved, LL99 Executive has done our best to remained silent on the incident.
As we understand; Dustin Berry and Ryan Coughlan were the members injured on March 31st,
Dustin is currently recovering from his injuries and Ryan passed away early the next morning.
On Thursday, April 15th the family held services for Ryan Coughlan and all employees of D17 and D18 attended virtually. This week at both the Executive Meeting and the Chief Shop Stewards meeting we also shared a moment of silence for Ryan. There are NO words to express the solace needed to assist the Coughlan Family as they deal with this tragedy. Local 99 Executive wishes to express our condolences to the Coughlan Family and to All employees of D18.
Local 99 Executive would also like to wish Dustin Berry well as he recovers from his injuries,
from what we understand he is in good spirits and doing well under the circumstances.
Out of respect for both families, we would like to kindly remind the membership
to do their best not to speculate on the incident that happened on March 31st. We know that
everyone wants answers, however in times like this we should all respect the family's right
to privacy and give them as much time as they see fit to process what has happened.
Finally, we'd like to relay a special thanks to our Treasurer, Jeremy Brydges for setting up Gofundme accounts for both Ryan's Family and Dustin. If members wish to contribute (no matter how small) please feel free to click on the links below, if you haven't already. No one should suffer a loss or injury due to a workplace accident and no amount of money can ever take place of a loved one. Donating is one small thing the LL99 membership can do to ease the stress on both families and show that we ALL feel the loss of Ryan in one way or another.
Ryan Coughlan: https://gofund.me/cc281721
Dustin Berry: https://gofund.me/d1575b60
To all LL99 Members:
Please be advised that there was a serious incident at our West Edmonton Facility today involving 2 members, both of which are in the hospital. From the whole Executive: we're wishing them the best and hoping for a quick recovery. Due to the nature of the situation we cannot release any other information at this time however one thing that was brought to our attention is that the membership in the shop performed admirably as they helped emergency crews deal with the situation.
Thank you to ALL who helped the emergency crews and made sure that our injured members were taken care of as swiftly as possible!!
If Members feel the need for EFAP assistance please contact 1-844-880-9142