Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee
As everyone is well aware by now on March 31st Finning's D18 facility had a major incident
where two members were seriously injured resulting in one fatality. Out of respect for the families involved, LL99 Executive has done our best to remained silent on the incident.
As we understand; Dustin Berry and Ryan Coughlan were the members injured on March 31st,
Dustin is currently recovering from his injuries and Ryan passed away early the next morning.
On Thursday, April 15th the family held services for Ryan Coughlan and all employees of D17 and D18 attended virtually. This week at both the Executive Meeting and the Chief Shop Stewards meeting we also shared a moment of silence for Ryan. There are NO words to express the solace needed to assist the Coughlan Family as they deal with this tragedy. Local 99 Executive wishes to express our condolences to the Coughlan Family and to All employees of D18.
Local 99 Executive would also like to wish Dustin Berry well as he recovers from his injuries,
from what we understand he is in good spirits and doing well under the circumstances.
Out of respect for both families, we would like to kindly remind the membership
to do their best not to speculate on the incident that happened on March 31st. We know that
everyone wants answers, however in times like this we should all respect the family's right
to privacy and give them as much time as they see fit to process what has happened.
Finally, we'd like to relay a special thanks to our Treasurer, Jeremy Brydges for setting up Gofundme accounts for both Ryan's Family and Dustin. If members wish to contribute (no matter how small) please feel free to click on the links below, if you haven't already. No one should suffer a loss or injury due to a workplace accident and no amount of money can ever take place of a loved one. Donating is one small thing the LL99 membership can do to ease the stress on both families and show that we ALL feel the loss of Ryan in one way or another.
Ryan Coughlan: https://gofund.me/cc281721
Dustin Berry: https://gofund.me/d1575b60
On March 2nd to March 4th LL99 executive members Brad Laberge, Paul Chandler and Wade Zenchyson along with Business Rep/Organizer Matt Barnable attended a virtual web design and communications training course hosted by IAM Canada Communications Rep. Frank Saptel. ...continue reading
Please print off and post in your facilities, from the link below.
Letter to Cancel meeting in Calgary