Today is the one day of the year put aside to honor those who’ve fallen tragically in the workplace. To all members please take a moment of pause in respect for those who aren’t here with us today and the families they left behind.
Stay safe: whether you’re at work or out enjoying free time!
June 14th 2023 Local Lodge 99 Membership Meeting
5:00pm at The Quality Inn, 17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton.
Local Lodge 99 Executive and our Bylaw Committee are looking to introduce several bylaw changes and membership attendance is extremely important. We will also be looking to our membership to elect 4 individuals to assist and learn from our Business Reps. we look forward to to seeing you all in June!
Reminder: 20 members must attend “in person” to qualify for quorum.
It’s understandable that some members won’t be able to attend due to personal or work-related reasons however, we are trying to ensure all members have an opportunity throughout the year to attend with a structured 2023 schedule. To accommodate our membership outside the Edmonton region we will be maintaining a Zoom option. Members looking to attend virtually can click here or use the QR code below:
- Members should not be using company devices to attend meetings virtually.
- Members will be asked to share their video and for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
- To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
- Members can download Zoom onto their device for free here: https://zoom.us/
This page may be updated periodically as we get closer to the meeting dates!
March's Membership Meeting will be held on Wednesday March 8th 5:00pm at The Quality Inn, 17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton.
In January Local 99 membership passed a motion to support the funding of a Business Representative, this was announced in January's newsletter. We are currently looking for nominees to fill the position, if members want to nominate an individual or are interested they can send Local 99 executive an email to LL99executive@iamaw99.ca
Nominations for this position will close on March 16th. Due to the fact that we rarely elect a locally funded rep, Local 99 Executive has reached out to the Canadian Territory for advise and clarification concerning eligibility, voting as well as the responsibilities that will come with the position.
It is the position of Local 99 Executive that this individual's priorities will be servicing the membership, assist our other Business Representatives and work towards becoming a fully funded Rep in the future.
Since ratification there has been quite a few communications from Finning’s Labour Relations team and their interpretation of the CBA. It’s clear that Labour Relations is trying to supersede one article over another or trying to bend the CBA in order to support their interpretation and ignore what was discussed during bargaining. Finning’s Labour Relations team has become combative, unreliable and willing to neglect the history behind our Collective Agreement that supports our membership.
Extremely disappointing to say the least!
Your Bargaining Committee is in continuous discussions trying to work with Labour relations to clarify several items:
- TCRS standby pay/signed TA with changes ($150/week vs $5.00/hr)
- Overtime averaging: Full stat credit for stat holiday on shift when the company does not let members work.
- Overtime averaging: Starting on next shift after ratification not Oct 9th as communicated.
- Approved travel time, bereavement, jury duty, injury pay counting towards the 160hr calculation
- Double Time for overtime on Saturdays including 0.5ot after ratification for all members. Not just those on 8 or 10 hour shifts.
- Honouring accommodation language already in the CBA
All of these items are being expedited to arbitration and will be dealt with as soon as possible!