It is that time again! Nominations for Stewards begins as of May 1st and must be completed by July 31st. If Members of a stand alone location require a vote this must be completed by September 30th 2021. Click here for a nomination form: 2021 steward-nomination form
Nominations and Elections will be conducted as per the IAMAW constitution and LL99 Bylaws:
- Nominations will be conducted from May 1st to July 31st of an election year.
- Elections are to be held between August 1st and September 30th of an election year.
- The number of Steward positions in each Branch or stand-alone location will be determined by the President in consultation with the affected Members.
- In the event an election is required voting will be held by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- The Steward’s length of term will be four years
- Election for the position of Chief Shop Steward(s) are restricted to elected Stewards in the Branch/or stand-alone location within a branch, who are willing to stand for election as a Chief Shop Steward. Where there are more Stewards willing to let their name stand than Chief Shop Steward positions available, the membership of the Branch or stand-alone location within a branch having 6 or more members will vote by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- Branches or stand-alone locations within a branch having 6 or more members, will have elections for the position of Chief Shop Stewards, only after Steward Elections have been completed.
- Please complete this form and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This form must be emailed to the above address on or before July 31 of the election year.