June 14th 2023 Local Lodge 99 Membership Meeting
5:00pm at The Quality Inn, 17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton.
Local Lodge 99 Executive and our Bylaw Committee are looking to introduce several bylaw changes and membership attendance is extremely important. We will also be looking to our membership to elect 4 individuals to assist and learn from our Business Reps. we look forward to to seeing you all in June!
Reminder: 20 members must attend “in person” to qualify for quorum.
It’s understandable that some members won’t be able to attend due to personal or work-related reasons however, we are trying to ensure all members have an opportunity throughout the year to attend with a structured 2023 schedule. To accommodate our membership outside the Edmonton region we will be maintaining a Zoom option. Members looking to attend virtually can click here or use the QR code below:
- Members should not be using company devices to attend meetings virtually.
- Members will be asked to share their video and for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
- To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
- Members can download Zoom onto their device for free here: https://zoom.us/
This page may be updated periodically as we get closer to the meeting dates!
Since ratification there has been quite a few communications from Finning’s Labour Relations team and their interpretation of the CBA. It’s clear that Labour Relations is trying to supersede one article over another or trying to bend the CBA in order to support their interpretation and ignore what was discussed during bargaining. Finning’s Labour Relations team has become combative, unreliable and willing to neglect the history behind our Collective Agreement that supports our membership.
Extremely disappointing to say the least!
Your Bargaining Committee is in continuous discussions trying to work with Labour relations to clarify several items:
- TCRS standby pay/signed TA with changes ($150/week vs $5.00/hr)
- Overtime averaging: Full stat credit for stat holiday on shift when the company does not let members work.
- Overtime averaging: Starting on next shift after ratification not Oct 9th as communicated.
- Approved travel time, bereavement, jury duty, injury pay counting towards the 160hr calculation
- Double Time for overtime on Saturdays including 0.5ot after ratification for all members. Not just those on 8 or 10 hour shifts.
- Honouring accommodation language already in the CBA
All of these items are being expedited to arbitration and will be dealt with as soon as possible!
When: Thursday November 10th @ 8:00am.
Where: West Harvest Quality Inn 17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton Alberta
Stewards needing a branch report can download the pdf below. Those attending should fill out their reports and email them to Kyle Murphy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
C.S.S Branch Report
2022 Ratification Vote
We have a final vote of 74.3% in favour of the new 3 year Collective Bargaining
Agreement. The Bargaining Committee would like to thank all those that
attended the meetings, requested absentee ballots and took the opportunity to
This was our first time attempting to perform online voting and there were
issues. Our sincerest apologies to those who may have been affected and we all
hope that in the future these types of online formats will become streamlined
With the voting process at an end we will now be investing time in merging the
new memorandum with our previous C.B.A. and getting the new agreement
printed and uploaded to the website (www.iamaw99.ca). . If Chief Shop
Stewards or Shop Stewards have questions concerning the new contract they
are encouraged to reach out to Business Representative Kevin Clark.
To all Finning members:
As you all have heard; IAMAW Local 99 and Finning reached a tentative agreement earlier this month. Your Bargaining Committee has released the final memorandum for all members to review. Over the next month meetings will be held to explain the changes and collect the memberships ballot. As well, we will be introducing electronic voting for those members that cannot participate when the meetings take place at your branches. Details about electronic voting will be available on our web site in the coming days. We will post the schedule when both the Bargaining Committee and Finning have concrete dates, times and locations.
Please review the memorandum attached below:
Final Memorandum Aug 30 2022