June 14th 2023 Local Lodge 99 Membership Meeting
5:00pm at The Quality Inn, 17803 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton.
Local Lodge 99 Executive and our Bylaw Committee are looking to introduce several bylaw changes and membership attendance is extremely important. We will also be looking to our membership to elect 4 individuals to assist and learn from our Business Reps. we look forward to to seeing you all in June!
Reminder: 20 members must attend “in person” to qualify for quorum.
It’s understandable that some members won’t be able to attend due to personal or work-related reasons however, we are trying to ensure all members have an opportunity throughout the year to attend with a structured 2023 schedule. To accommodate our membership outside the Edmonton region we will be maintaining a Zoom option. Members looking to attend virtually can click here or use the QR code below:
- Members should not be using company devices to attend meetings virtually.
- Members will be asked to share their video and for their full name when accessing the meeting. Due to the open format of Zoom please be advised that people will be refused access if they do not share their information.
- To ensure everyone has an opportunity to speak and be heard please keep your microphones muted.
- Members can download Zoom onto their device for free here: https://zoom.us/
This page may be updated periodically as we get closer to the meeting dates!
To all Finning members:
As you all have heard; IAMAW Local 99 and Finning reached a tentative agreement earlier this month. Your Bargaining Committee has released the final memorandum for all members to review. Over the next month meetings will be held to explain the changes and collect the memberships ballot. As well, we will be introducing electronic voting for those members that cannot participate when the meetings take place at your branches. Details about electronic voting will be available on our web site in the coming days. We will post the schedule when both the Bargaining Committee and Finning have concrete dates, times and locations.
Please review the memorandum attached below:
Final Memorandum Aug 30 2022
TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED!!
After a long 12 hour day on Wednesday August 10th, a tentative agreement has been reached with Finning which enhances wages and entitlements for our membership for the next 3 years. The publishing of the memorandum will be completed as soon as possible and will be supplied to all of you prior to voting. We’re currently working out the details of the roll out meetings at your locations, some of which will involve video conferencing. We will involve electronic voting for our members who work or live in outlying locations, details will all be forthcoming.
Highlights of the Memorandum:
- 3 year term at 4%, 3%, 2% and a $4000 signing bonus for every member
- 2 extra Sick/Flex days (more flexibility of usage) and can use banked time
- Pre-planned medical - no erosion of sick time
- Banked time from 160 to 320 hours
- Saturdays and Sundays are now double time OT
- Improved wage discrepancy for TCRS semi skilled
- True hour averaging for all continuous shift members ie: Ekati calculation
- Vacation improvements to years 13 and 18
- Your choice of 8hr to 12hr vacation usage outside of primetime
- Improvements to premiums and general provisions
- Prorated severance and extended recall
Thank you for your support,
Your Bargaining Committee:
Kevin Clark, Wade Zenchyson, Mark Meldrum,
James McLeod, Jeremy Brydges
Negotiations continued from May 16th to 20th. Traditionally our bargaining can take up to 10 months, usually involving mediation and in some instances, like last contract, a strike vote. In an attempt to break this cycle your committee decided to go right into wages, terms and big ticket items like LTD, sick time, overtime, vacation and flex benefits. Our monetary package took into account inflation, market conditions, forecasted workloads and Finning’s issues with recruitment and retention.
Finning’s counter can only be described as disappointing.
Our concern now is that this response will convert us back to the traditional, lengthy and unpredictable outcome.
Your committee thanks you all for your continued support. We will be meeting with Finning again on June 13th and 14th.
LL99 Executive is happy to announce we'll be hosting our Chief Shop Stewards meeting in person. Meetings will be held on the Tuesday and Wednesday of May 10th and 11th, from 8:30am to 4:00pm @ the Quality Inn west Edmonton, 17803 Stony Plain Road. We look forward to seeing you all face to face!
For those needing accommodations: Rooms can be booked at the Staybridge Inn (780) 484-6223, 16929-109th ave NW Edmonton AB. Please book your rooms ASAP as the hotel cannot guarantee a room last minute.
- Members will be asked for a credit card at the hotel for incidentals, only the room is paid for.
- Those members collecting per diem are expected to provide their own money for meals.