Attention LL99 Members at Kal Tire
After a long and sometimes contentious set of negotiations, with many hours spent from your committee, Kal and the union have reached a tentative agreement in principal. The parties will be working together to finalize a memorandum for you to view and vote on. Roll out meetings will be scheduled and we will let you know once dates are finalized for those. We greatly appreciate your solidarity and patience as we have worked to get a deal. At this time we feel it is important to let you, the members have their say. The full memorandum will be available for viewing ASAP. Some of the highlights include:
- 3 year deal: Wage increases of 2.0%, 2.0%, 2.0% , no retro in first year see below for lump sum.
- Increase boot allowance to 350.00
- All non-probationary TM's who are employed with the Employer as of April 1, 2021 shall be entitled to a one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month of ratification. For clarity, a TM who is still in their probationary period as of April 1, 2021 will not be entitled to this lump sum payment.
- Kearl TMs would receive an additional one-time lump sum payment of $500.00, which shall be paid by the Employer within a month following ratification.
- Restructuring of sick/std plan which would start January 2022, which would cap sick hours to 96 hours and sub plan top up for std and removal of 13.03B language. Top up to kick in for std claims.
- Housing to be renamed Northern Living Allowance and to continue as per last LOU.
Your Bargaining Committee
It is that time again! Nominations for Stewards begins as of May 1st and must be completed by July 31st. If Members of a stand alone location require a vote this must be completed by September 30th 2021. Click here for a nomination form: 2021 steward-nomination form
Nominations and Elections will be conducted as per the IAMAW constitution and LL99 Bylaws:
- Nominations will be conducted from May 1st to July 31st of an election year.
- Elections are to be held between August 1st and September 30th of an election year.
- The number of Steward positions in each Branch or stand-alone location will be determined by the President in consultation with the affected Members.
- In the event an election is required voting will be held by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- The Steward’s length of term will be four years
- Election for the position of Chief Shop Steward(s) are restricted to elected Stewards in the Branch/or stand-alone location within a branch, who are willing to stand for election as a Chief Shop Steward. Where there are more Stewards willing to let their name stand than Chief Shop Steward positions available, the membership of the Branch or stand-alone location within a branch having 6 or more members will vote by secret ballot to determine the successful candidate(s).
- Branches or stand-alone locations within a branch having 6 or more members, will have elections for the position of Chief Shop Stewards, only after Steward Elections have been completed.
- Please complete this form and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This form must be emailed to the above address on or before July 31 of the election year.
LL99 Executive would like to let our membership know that we are going to distributing new membership cards. These cards will contain each members name and membership #. At this time, we will be including the assistance of our Chief Shop Steward base to help distribute. Obviously, there are some circumstances where this may not be the most practical way to ensure everyone receives their card as we have a variety of locations some of which are isolated. We also have members on disability or retired so we ask that members reach out to their Chief Shop Stewards or the Local 99 Executive if they have not received their membership card within the next 6 weeks.
LL99 Executive is proud to announce the winners of our 2021 Spring Scholarships. Congratulations to Anita Chowdhury and Katelyn Hegholz! Thanks to all the participants for sending in their applications in a timely manor and we’d like to remind all of you that we will be awarding two scholarships again this year and applicants can re-apply in August/September 2021.
As everyone is well aware by now on March 31st Finning's D18 facility had a major incident
where two members were seriously injured resulting in one fatality. Out of respect for the families involved, LL99 Executive has done our best to remained silent on the incident.
As we understand; Dustin Berry and Ryan Coughlan were the members injured on March 31st,
Dustin is currently recovering from his injuries and Ryan passed away early the next morning.
On Thursday, April 15th the family held services for Ryan Coughlan and all employees of D17 and D18 attended virtually. This week at both the Executive Meeting and the Chief Shop Stewards meeting we also shared a moment of silence for Ryan. There are NO words to express the solace needed to assist the Coughlan Family as they deal with this tragedy. Local 99 Executive wishes to express our condolences to the Coughlan Family and to All employees of D18.
Local 99 Executive would also like to wish Dustin Berry well as he recovers from his injuries,
from what we understand he is in good spirits and doing well under the circumstances.
Out of respect for both families, we would like to kindly remind the membership
to do their best not to speculate on the incident that happened on March 31st. We know that
everyone wants answers, however in times like this we should all respect the family's right
to privacy and give them as much time as they see fit to process what has happened.
Finally, we'd like to relay a special thanks to our Treasurer, Jeremy Brydges for setting up Gofundme accounts for both Ryan's Family and Dustin. If members wish to contribute (no matter how small) please feel free to click on the links below, if you haven't already. No one should suffer a loss or injury due to a workplace accident and no amount of money can ever take place of a loved one. Donating is one small thing the LL99 membership can do to ease the stress on both families and show that we ALL feel the loss of Ryan in one way or another.
Ryan Coughlan: https://gofund.me/cc281721
Dustin Berry: https://gofund.me/d1575b60