To all Local 99 members working at Finning:
RE: Grievances F20-012 and F20-013 – Covid-19 Isolation Requirements
On April 22, 2020 Business Representative Jim Patterson published a letter to all affected members who may have suffered a monetary loss due to self isolation or mandated isolation for exposure to Covid 19. You were instructed with providing the following:
We Will Need
- Full name and facility you work at
- Dates of missed work and why
- Who you talked to and when did you talk to them? This would include 811 calls, doctors, and management. If there were any other individuals or corporations, you feel will help support your case please include those dates
- All relevant history to your claim
- What steps were taken by yourself leading up to your isolation? For example, you took your sick days, applied for S.T.D but denied, applied for Federal assistance.
To date no information from any member has been supplied to the union office. These grievances were adjudicated by the District Grievance Committee on April 19th, with instructions by the committee to reach out to the membership one more time and give thirty (30) day timeline notice to get information in by May 27th.
If no new information is provided by May 27th, these matters will be withdrawn. Please send your information to kclark@iamDL14.org
LL99 Executive is happy to announce we'll be hosting our Chief Shop Stewards meeting in person. Meetings will be held on the Tuesday and Wednesday of May 10th and 11th, from 8:30am to 4:00pm @ the Quality Inn west Edmonton, 17803 Stony Plain Road. We look forward to seeing you all face to face!
For those needing accommodations: Rooms can be booked at the Staybridge Inn (780) 484-6223, 16929-109th ave NW Edmonton AB. Please book your rooms ASAP as the hotel cannot guarantee a room last minute.
- Members will be asked for a credit card at the hotel for incidentals, only the room is paid for.
- Those members collecting per diem are expected to provide their own money for meals.
Within every group of our membership; over time changes are made and people come and go. It's important that our members have stewards to represent them in their respective work place. If members of an area do not have a steward to assist them, please feel free to click here for a nomination form: steward-nomination form mid term
Members also need to be reminded that nominations will be conducted as per the IAMAW constitution and LL99 Bylaws. It's also important to notify LL99 Vice President Mark Meldrum, if a nomination for a steward in your area is required. For more information feel free to email Mark @ email@example.com
Local 99 Executive would like to thank all participants who applied for our Spring Scholarship. Unfortunately we only received applicants from post secondary institutions and will only be awarding 1 scholarship in that field.
Crystal Gillingham is the winner of the 2022 spring scholarship valued at $999!
Although Steward elections have been over for some time, LL99 has also held an election for Vice President and Mark Meldrum has taken on this responsibility. Stewards are encouraged to reach out to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure their information is correct. If needed feel free to download the information sheet below and forward to Mark.
Steward Information sheet