TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED!!
After a long 12 hour day on Wednesday August 10th, a tentative agreement has been reached with Finning which enhances wages and entitlements for our membership for the next 3 years. The publishing of the memorandum will be completed as soon as possible and will be supplied to all of you prior to voting. We’re currently working out the details of the roll out meetings at your locations, some of which will involve video conferencing. We will involve electronic voting for our members who work or live in outlying locations, details will all be forthcoming.
Highlights of the Memorandum:
- 3 year term at 4%, 3%, 2% and a $4000 signing bonus for every member
- 2 extra Sick/Flex days (more flexibility of usage) and can use banked time
- Pre-planned medical - no erosion of sick time
- Banked time from 160 to 320 hours
- Saturdays and Sundays are now double time OT
- Improved wage discrepancy for TCRS semi skilled
- True hour averaging for all continuous shift members ie: Ekati calculation
- Vacation improvements to years 13 and 18
- Your choice of 8hr to 12hr vacation usage outside of primetime
- Improvements to premiums and general provisions
- Prorated severance and extended recall
Thank you for your support,
Your Bargaining Committee:
Kevin Clark, Wade Zenchyson, Mark Meldrum,
James McLeod, Jeremy Brydges
Negotiations continued from May 16th to 20th. Traditionally our bargaining can take up to 10 months, usually involving mediation and in some instances, like last contract, a strike vote. In an attempt to break this cycle your committee decided to go right into wages, terms and big ticket items like LTD, sick time, overtime, vacation and flex benefits. Our monetary package took into account inflation, market conditions, forecasted workloads and Finning’s issues with recruitment and retention.
Finning’s counter can only be described as disappointing.
Our concern now is that this response will convert us back to the traditional, lengthy and unpredictable outcome.
Your committee thanks you all for your continued support. We will be meeting with Finning again on June 13th and 14th.
LL99 Executive is happy to announce we'll be hosting our Chief Shop Stewards meeting in person. Meetings will be held on the Tuesday and Wednesday of May 10th and 11th, from 8:30am to 4:00pm @ the Quality Inn west Edmonton, 17803 Stony Plain Road. We look forward to seeing you all face to face!
For those needing accommodations: Rooms can be booked at the Staybridge Inn (780) 484-6223, 16929-109th ave NW Edmonton AB. Please book your rooms ASAP as the hotel cannot guarantee a room last minute.
- Members will be asked for a credit card at the hotel for incidentals, only the room is paid for.
- Those members collecting per diem are expected to provide their own money for meals.
Local 99 Executive would like to thank all participants who applied for our Spring Scholarship. Unfortunately we only received applicants from post secondary institutions and will only be awarding 1 scholarship in that field.
Crystal Gillingham is the winner of the 2022 spring scholarship valued at $999!
Although Steward elections have been over for some time, LL99 has also held an election for Vice President and Mark Meldrum has taken on this responsibility. Stewards are encouraged to reach out to Mark at email@example.com and ensure their information is correct. If needed feel free to download the information sheet below and forward to Mark.
Steward Information sheet